Purchases & Payables: from Order to Payment
Strengthens Your Business...!
Tally.ERP 9 delivers the entire purchase cycle whether the need is the complete purchase order - goods receipt - rejections & returns - advances, debits & payments or a single payment entry, fulfilling all needs.
To ensure that you have the right stocks and minimise carrying costs, Tally.ERP 9 delivers the following to improve purchase orders :
- Define Re-order levels as a definite number or based on consumption.
- Define minimum quantity to order as a definite number or based on consumption.
- Pull up a report that shows the stock position, including complete details of open purchase orders, sales orders that need to be fulfilled - check on past purchase history, and then place orders.
- Optionally stagger delivery dates in the PO.
When receiving goods
- Make entries in accordance with supporting documentation, including errors your suppliers could have made (say of multiplication & round off).
- Incorporate additional costs.
- Automatically manage input taxes.
- Flexibility allows receipt of goods, quantities and rates different from that ordered - since this is common in real life.
- Record samples & free items (using different 'actual' & 'billed' quantities).
- Multiple receipts for one order or one receipt for multiple orders, or against verbal orders.
In case there is a need to add other costs (say coolie and cartage) these additional charges can be apportioned to the cost of goods purchased.
Supplied goods may not match your needs and these are managed by the 'Rejections Out' inventory voucher. Supplier dues, input taxes and inventory positions are updated.
Suppliers often indicate likely profits, which may not be met. In case such assurances are made, you can look at Item profitability reports, and get the facts right. You could then negotiate a rebate and record this as a debit note.
Keep tabs of how much is due to whom, when. Manage advances, payables & post dated checks. Ensure there are no errors in payments - print checks from Tally.ERP 9.